Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grandma Camp 2012: The Limber Pine Trail Hike

 I've been waiting years for these kids to get big enough to go on this hike with me.  This is the year!
 Years ago on a trip down to Tropic, I  went on a hike down to Kodachrome with my children and my Aunt Teora's much smaller grandkids.  I had kind of snickered at the crazy array of hats and jackets that she had rounded up for them to wear.  Well, here are my cute grandkids similarly decked out in any old hat, shirt or sweater we could find in the DI bag in the back of the car because it was kind of chilly up there.  Aunt Teora- I apologize.  And Kasen, you specifically chose that zebra sweater, not me.

 Lined up on a cool log from youngest to oldest.
 Reading the signs along the trail that describe the flora and fauna.
 Every kid wanted their picture on this tree trunk that was bent by snow when it was just small.
 Grandma and her crew.
 Finally- the Limber Pine!  A really old pine tree.

 Eating lunch.
 Awesome picture of Jackson-
My precious little Kennedy.  Now, there are six little grandkids.  We'll have to take this hike again when Berkley is four.

No comments: