
Twelve years ago I had one of the most special and precious experiences of my life. I was lucky enough to be present at the birth of my first grandchild, Dixon. What a miracle it was! This little fellow made me a Grandma- the most fun thing a woman can become. All of the grandchildren have been pretty, adorable babies. But Dixon was beautiful! He had the most hair I have ever seen on a newborn. It was thick, and black, and curled on his little neck. He was chubby and had the most beautiful skin color. As he grew he was smart as a whip and learned so quickly. When he lived in Hyrum, I'd drive all the way around the mountain after school just to see him for a few minutes. Lucky for us, he came to live next door. He is still smart and he learns things quickly. I was so proud of him last Sunday. It was his first time passing the sacrament and he showed no nerves and he did it like he had been doing it for years. Grandpa says that he gave the thought in priesthood (he found it and put it together by himself) in front of the whole group and he did it perfectly. I am so proud of him when we are in public together. He is such a respectful boy with lovely manners. He makes me feel so glad that he's my grandson. Now that he is 12, he is learning to play the guitar. He is involved in scouts. he reads everything and is such a scholar in all his academic subjects. He rides horses well and he has excelled with his 4-H lambs every year. He can be trusted to look after his brothers if needed and he is a great helper when Pa has a project and needs a hand. We love you Dixon and we couldn't be more proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment