
My conscience finally got to me. I have resisted coloring eggs at my house for 30 years. My kids always colored them at my Mom's house. But I was so excited to have all five of my little children here for Easter that I gave in- and it turned out fine. No disasters.

I have missed this little face so much. She is loving but a little shy when she first gets here. But after a good night's sleep she warms up and I have the best time kissing her and teasing her and listening to her cute little voice. I just can't get enough of her.

The children discovered last summer's left-over stash of popsicles in the freezer and have enjoyed melting and stirring them into concoctions.

We all went to dinner to celebrate Grandpa's birthday. The kids were all wearing the Easter outfits that I gave them. The boys looked so handsome with their hair slicked down and their faces scrubbed clean.

Love these two!

Everyone has to have their picture taken by this rock. I have many pictures of my own children posing here. These kids look good in their new duds- but we're missing Kennedy.

All dressed up ready to go to dinner!

I had the Easter party at my house after church on Easter Sunday. It was just barely warm enough to be able to have it outside. I was glad, because I wanted to have an Easter egg hunt in the pasture, then play kick ball. You needed a jacket, but at least it didn't rain. I was so excited to have Evan and his family come. Karen was sick so she stayed home. Sammy and Abby are beautiful young women now. How did that happen?

The kids all lined up waiting to get their instructions for the egg hunt.

This kid (Michael) is a character! He is only six, but has a wicked sense of humor and he's quite the funny man. This is the straightest face I was able to get out of him. He is a cutie!

Lynn and Maci. It's fun to have some little girls coming along in the family. This little girl is a sober face. She has the Nelson staring habit. She looks everything over very solemnly before she commits to anything!

Kasen ran all over the pasture and found quite a stash of eggs. I loved having the hunt in a bigger space than a lawn. The boys are getting big and they need more space and more difficult hiding places so that it won't be over in two minutes. This hunt lasted a good 30 minutes.

Jackson likes to look then stop and eat. Look some more, then stop and sample the goodies. He's a little loner and is quite content to do his own thing.

I took several picture of these guys and this was the best face I could get from Cooper. The sun was in his eyes and he just couldn't keep them open. I didn't think to have them turn the other direction! Oh well- the faces were pretty entertaining.

The Evan LeFevre family- minus Mom.
Eating their treats. It has been a wonderful week leading up to Easter Sunday. The stake put on a play- Savior of the World- that we saw last week. The tone was set for the rest of the week and I have had some really tender and sacred moments reading my scriptures, praying, being with my family and participating in various ways in my calling. I have felt the love of my Savior and my Father in Heaven many times, in many ways this week and I am very grateful for and humbled by these experiences. I know that they live and that they love me.
No comments:
Post a Comment