Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Anyone Want Some Horses?

A horse ride on Antelope Island last fall.  It was a calmer, more pleasurable experience.
All the cowboys except Daddy are together again since the accident.  It was a very scary experience for all of them and both Jackson and Randy are so incredibly blessed to not be in worse shape than they are.  Pa has always kept an eagle eye out for the safety of his little cowboy buddies and his vigilence really paid off this time.

That funny face is Jackson trying not to cry.  He doesn't comprehend how close he came to being critically injured and he won't ever admit to feeling sorry for Pa, after all, HE got huge scratches on his hand and leg.  When he's, older though, he'll hear the story and realize just where all the aches and pains Pa is going to experience for the rest of his life came from.  We know that every guardian angel possible was mustered to prompt and protect Randy and Jackson Randy last Sunday.  There is no way to adequately express how grateful we are.  We can handle this outcome so much easier than we could have lived with the outcome of the horse going over the fence and into the big rocks.  Patience is not Randy's strongest gift, nor is it mine.  But I read my patriarchal blessing again and it blesses me with "patience and tolerance with those with whom you reside".  That gives me great comfort and strength.  The next 3-6 months could possibly be the hardest we have encountered since the first day we laid eyes on each other on the school bus in 1973.  Can you even imagine how I'm going to convince Randy to stay down and take things easy for that length of time?  This experience will test the strength of our commitment to each other, our patience, tolerance and creativity.  Up to this point  I would say that we have been quite casual in our ability to see the need to ask Heavenly Father for help or guidance in our lives because life,  over all, has been so good to us. We are feeling a lot more humble in that regard now and we realize that His daily help is what's going to get us through each day, and on some days, each hour.  We can not do it on our own.  Please keep both of us in your prayers and I know that we will receive great strength.  

3 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

I anxiously check your blog and Shaylyn's hoping to get a glimpse of how things are...you are so eloquent in your words and touch my heart. It sounds like what my brother went through this winter...I heard mention of a turtle shell. You and Randy are strong people and will make it through this trial, just like all the others. Remember if it doesn't kill us, it makes us stronger!! Please let me help if I can...in anyway! You are in my prayers-all of ya! Enjoy spring break. Love Ya all

Denece said...

We never know what life holds in store for us and our family members. We only get to enjoy the journey and do the best that we are able to do. Out thoughts and prayers are with you all. I went to the Temple to day and put your names on the rolls. Yes, Patience and lots of prayer will be the key. Take one day at a time. We love you all so much. Denece

. said...

You two truely are amazing I know you have been a stregth to Shelley these past few weeks and we all look up to you both. But I have a quote on my desk that I have had for a while but I look at it in a new light these days. It reads FAITH I can do hard things. In the strength of the Lord, I can do ALL things. - Sister Dalton