Friday, June 19, 2009

Field trip for Teachers

This is my friend Leslie.  She teaches next door to me.  She is a wonderful friend, teacher, Mom, and as of today- tour guide.  I have been fascinated by the Limber Pine trail and have always wanted to hike it, but I was afraid that I would get hopelessly lost and be eaten by Old Ephraim's progeny.  So at the end of school I brow-beat Leslie into agreeing to become my personal trail guide.  She grew up in Bear Lake and is an expert on its history and surrounding environs.  We planned a series of  field trips for teachers only and the first one on the agenda was a hike to the Limber Pine, (yes, there is an actual tree- I didn't know that!)
Jeanette, Sue, Sharrie, Chris, Leslie, Julie at the trail head.  Tiffani, Julie's daughter also came.  We can't wait to get started.
Here we are at the base of the ancient Limber Pine.  It was a beautiful, gentle hike of about a mile.  Afterwards we traveled to Bear Lake and had lunch at Cafe Sabor.  It was perfect weather after all of the rain.  The canyon was green, the river incredibly high.  We had a fun day.  Can't wait for the next field trip- we're going to ride Front Runner to the big city for shopping and lunch.  Thanks Les- you were incredible!

1 comment:

Shaylyn said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. I am sorry that I missed it. However, I have the front runner day marked on my calendar.