When Cooper and Kennedy came to stay with Pa and I while their parents were on vacation, I saw the perfect opportunity to have a professional photograph taken with all five grandchildren. I knew of a photographer who had all the clothing and props for a nativity scene. A friend had had a picture taken of her kids and nieces and nephews as a christmas gift for her parents last year so I knew that it would be a precious keepsake. I met Alyson in Pocatello to pick up Cooper and Kennedy. Then off we went to meet up with Shaylyn and Dixon, Jackson and Kasen in Perry at the home of the photographer, Brenda. I was quite nervous as to wether Jackson and Kasen would wear the nativity costume. Both of them had been quite picky about what they were willing to wear for Halloween, so I didn't know if they would cooperate or not. Luckily, they were both excited to get dressed up, as were the other three. Brenda made suggestions as to which costume each child would wear and helped us sort through all the pieces and props. Kasen was the angel, Cooper, Jackson and Dixon were either shepherds or wisemen, and sweet little Kennedy was Mary. We quickly got them dressed, all the while trying to keep them out of the many props, costumes and portraits in the small studio. Everyone got into their place, either standing on the floor or on a stool, and we were ready to go- until Kasen noticed that everyone but him, including baby Jesus, had a "silky". That made him mad! He wanted a silky too. Brenda and I tried to bribe, cajole and threaten him to stay in his spot. Brenda kept shooting pictures in between each little tantrum. Then Brenda remembered that she had some smarties in her desk. She opened a package and told Kasen that he could have some if he would stay in his spot. As a last resort, I put some smarties in the wrap of the baby Jesus, and as Kasen was looking for the candy, Brenda snapped the one picture where no one is screaming and their veil is still on their head. Considering what we went through to get the photograph, it turned out so sweet. The other children were so good and patient. I love each of them so much and I am so grateful to have these little ones in my life. These little children are the light of my life.
Dad's Boys
12 years ago



1 comment:
What a great idea! You will cherish that for a very long time!It really turned out so good with all the kids. They are adorable!!
Post a Comment