Friday, February 6, 2009

My Dream

It was a sunny, early summer day. I had finished working outside in my yard and decided that I would go to Logan to see Mom. As I crested the hill in Petersboro that overlooks Cache Valley, I took in the beautiful scenery below me. I reached into my hot pink purse and pulled out an equally hot pink jumpsuit. It was exactly the same style as the orange ones that you see the prisoners at the Cache County jail wear as they work along the road, except this one acted like a hang glider. I climbed into my jumpsuit, zipped it up, spread my arms and took off flying. It was a really enjoyable experience. As I landed in the parking lot of where Mom lived, I noticed Mom, Evan and Karen standing by the suburban talking. Mom motioned me over and said, "Meet the new Stake President and Relief Society president." Evan and Karen were visibly excited, thrilled and proud of this new turn of events. I told them that I wasn't a bit surprised and I couldn't believe that it took so long. They said that they had to hurry and leave because they had tons of things to get done due to the fact that they were hosting an 80's party for the entire stake at their house that night. Karen went one direction to look for scrunchies for the sister's hair and Evan headed to DI to round up enough Argyle sweater vests for the brethern, so that every couple in the Stake would have a costume. Just then I noticed that Jackson and Dixon were there playing and I realized that I would have to get them home. That was a problem because my jumpsuit was not weight tested for multiple people, so we would have to walk home. It must have been an arduous walk because I woke up with a terrible charlie horse in my leg. What could it all mean?!?

3 comments:

Shaylyn said...

That's certainly disturbing! Didn't you have a similar dream last year except you had to walk home with Grandma and the boys from Garland and you had to heft Grandma over fences?

Shaylyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Garbanati said...

I think you need therapy!!! Just kididng! Isn't it strange what weird things pop into our sleep!