Randy and I have this on-going "discussion" about the number of shoes a person needs in order to be adequately covered in the foot wear department. Every now and then, whenever he feels like he needs to tune me up or whatever, he will go to my closet, throw open the doors, and give me a lecture about the number of shoes I own. His opinion is that a woman needs about a dozen pairs of shoes to do the job. A pair of boots, a couple pairs of sandals, some "gym shoes" and a couple pairs of dress shoes to be exact. He thinks that the number of shoes I own has single-handedly kept us from becoming millionaires and from early retirement. And of course, I beg to differ.

This is Randy's "good" shoe closet. As you can see he cares as much for his shoes as he does for his firearms, or maybe the gun is to protect his precious shoe supply. He keeps his everyday shoes is the garage, thankfully.

This is my "good" shoe closet. I admit that I have more shoes than he does, but he needs less shoes because he wears a uniform and can get away with one pair for everyday. His uniform consists of Levis, and a plaid or print short sleeve button front shirt for warmer weather, Levis, and a plaid or print long sleeve button front shirt for colder weather, and Wranglers and a print or plaid button front cowboy shirt for dress-up. Therefore, he needs steele-toed boots for work, pull-on cowboy boots for farming, and cowboy boots for dress. Throw in a pair of church shoes for Sunday and you're done. So actually he's the one with too many shoes!

Any way, his opinion was that I needed a payment to prevent me from buying shoes, so I decided to buy this sweet car. A 2010 Camaro with every upgrade possible. It's a fun car to drive!

So I kicked the Jeep out of the garage and brought this fun little number home. Randy is quite content. What he doesn't realize is that I get my Camaro money and my shoe money from two different sources. Today I drove the Camaro to Logan and bought 2 pairs of shoes.
1 comment:
Lookin' good. You are ready for that "active retirement!"
Post a Comment