Thursday, April 15, 2010

Post Easter Celebration

Shelly usually hosts the Easter party at her home, but this year she just happened to be on her honeymoon, so we all decided to wait for the following weekend to get together.
Mallory had never shot a shotgun before so Randy gave her his over & under to shoot. It's the gun that everyone in the family covets. Randy is a dead-eye with it and always shoots well. The gun must have given good vibes to Mallory because she hit her very first shot and I think she got at least a piece of every target after. She's hooked!
I shot just to shut everyone up. I hit the first target then missed all the rest.
Jake always finds time to play with the kids. He is usually standing off to the side, roping their feet as they bounce. Today he just sent them flying.
After the hamburgers, hotdogs and root beer floats and shooting were over Wes started us a fire. The Larsons are famous for their camp fires. Anyone at a Larson fire is encouraged to play in the fire.
Two of Mike's girls and some of his grandchildren were there too. It was the first family get-together since their wedding and it was a bit sober in the beginning, but the fire loosened everyone up and pretty soon we were all laughing- the beginning of hopefully many more fun times together.
Shane had to head back to Vernal so he and Alycia didn't come. I already miss them so much. But I have to see the cup as half full because we are so blessed to have Shaylyn and her family so close to us. They are so good to us and she is my sunshine so I can't complain.

2 comments:

Shaylyn said...

I'm not going anywhere!

Sorensen Family said...

I have experienced playing in a larson camp fire. When we went camping who was it that said... Let the children play, there not hurting anyone... as we were curling our plastic forks! Those were fun times.